NetHASP License Manager
The NetHASP License Manager is an independent application that serves as a link between the NetHASP hardware lock and the protected GTX application. Install the NetHASP License Manager on the computer to which you connect your red colored NetHASP key. The NetHASP License Manager supports IPX, NetBIOS, and TCP/IP (UDP and TCP modes). By default, it listens to all three protocols at once. Instructions on this page will only pertain to networked Microsoft Windows operating systems. The following descriptions and version information cover what is known to be the most typical type of License Manager installation as of this writing. The installation is not difficult and success rates are high for a first time user.
A program named LMSETUP.EXE will install the NetHASP License Manager application. This program is provided on the GTX CD in the HASP\Server\Win32 folder and in the License sub-folder of the installed GTX Raster CAD program. Other availability is provided by Aladdin Knowledge systems, under 'Support and Downloads', on their web site http://www.aks.com. The Aladdin download is the latest available version.
Advanced help is available in the NHSRVW32.HLP file, located on the GTX CD in the HASP\Server\Win32 folder and in the License sub-folder of the installed GTX Raster CAD program.
The following images describe all of the steps encountered during the LMSETUP.EXE installation process. In detail the steps are:
- Welcome, with version information and a request to stop any currently running NetHASP License managers.
- Installation Type, requesting a choice of installation as a Windows service (NT, 2000, XP) or as an application (Windows 98). Installing as a 'service' allows for HASP license availability independent of a user login.
- Choose Destination Location, which defaults to C:\Program Files\Aladdin\HASP LM. The destination may be modified by use of the 'Browse' button. The size of all files which will be installed is approximately 2.2 Megabyte.
- Put Into Startup Folder - Accepting this will result in a HASP License Manager program group added to <Current User>\Start Menu\Programs.
- Select Program Manager Group, which allows modification of the Program Group name for the HASP License Manager.
- Driver Install, prompts for initiation of a HASP Device driver installation. Acceptance is recommended.
- Start License Manager, will initiate the License Manager application.
- Finish, to complete the installation of the License Manager.
Please read additional information provided at the end of this page before you RUN LMSETUP.
At the finish of a NetHASP License Manager installation, installed as a "Service," a red icon will appear in the System Tray next to the Windows desktop clock. This icon indicates that a License Manager is in operation. Double click the HASP icon to open a window titled "NetHASP License Manager for Win32." The NetHASP License Manager main window displays the following information:
- NetHASP License Manager version number
- Status of each protocol (loaded, unloaded, or failed to load) and the date and time of the last change of status
Use the Help and Contents menu of the License Manager main window to study advanced options and descriptions of this program.