GTX logo
Welcome to GTX
YouTube Logo
GTX White Paper
How to Modernize Your Paper Engineering Drawings
A White Paper From the Paper to CAD Experts

To compete in today’s world, a company has to survive in a fast-growing, technologically driven environment to produce goods and services. How does a company deliver the best product or service to market at a fair price in the shortest time?

To maintain a competitive edge, a company must leverage its information assets which include a tremendous amount of engineering documents. Tools and processes to efficiently manage, distribute and modify these assets are essential.

International Data Corporation and Document Management magazine estimate that there are more than eight billion drawings worldwide, of which fewer than 15 percent are in a Computer Aided Design (CAD) format. This leaves an astonishing 85 percent of drawings maintained in non-electronic format, mainly paper-based engineering archives. Considering that each successive stage in a product cycle—design, production, support services—uses substantially more documentation than the prior stage, the benefits of integrating this information grows exponentially.

The need to capture, modify and distribute existing paper designs within the environment of today’s computing technology predates CAD technology itself. The intent of this paper is to provide an insight into the issues that affect your business and to present the benefits and strategies for capturing paper-based assets with CAD.

Press Releases
White Paper
Quotable Quotes

Footer bullet1 Footer bullet2 Footer bullet3

© Copyright 2023 GTX. All Rights Reserved.
GTXScanClean is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,016,536

GTX Europe, Ltd. address and phone number have changed. March 31, 2021

GTX Europe, Ltd. • Cams Hall, • Fareham, Hampshire
United Kingdom PO16 8AB • tel: +44 (0) 1329.227.455 • fax: +44 (0) 1329.227.445 • email:
(UK registration information • Company: GTX Europe Ltd. • Registered Number: 2156326 • Place of registration: England)

r2v raster to vector tiff cals g4 raster to vector paper to cad paper to cad paper to cad tiff view markup redline view markup redline view markup redline vectorization vectorisation vectorization vectorisation vectorization vectorisation R2V GTXRaster CAD GTXRaster Trace GTXRaster CAD Plus GTXRaster R2V GTXImage CAD GTXImage Tools scanclean ScanClean GTXScan Clean Rastercad rastertrace rastercad plus raster r2v v2r rasterization rasterisation rasterization rasterisation rasterization rasterisation Redlining Markup